Straws, Pasta and Playdough Activity💡ages 3-5 💡Here’s a fun activity to improve fine motor skills, color recognition and counting.
MATERIALS NEEDED: (affiliate links)
HOW TO PLAY:
- Start by taking 3 colors of playdough, rolling them into balls and pressing flat on the cutting board. We found colors of playdough that matched 3 colors of straws we had.
- Stick 3, 4 and 5 straws of the same color into each mound of flattened play dough.
- Prepare a small bowl of uncooked rigatoni pasta.
- Ask the child to add the same number of pastas to each straw as the number of straws on each color of playdough.
- We found once we got to green, that the straws wouldn’t really hold 5 pieces of pasta. 😜
Check out Oliver in action in the below video:
Oliver loved this activity and asked to do it several times so I know its a winner!
Looking for more fun, early learning activities? Check out our other early learning ideas!